WHAT’S GREAT AT MWCOLD?
Our work environment is a professional family atmosphere in a cold storage warehouse. Our company thrives on teamwork, a strong commitment to customer service and our community. At MW Cold, we are committed to providing a positive work environment to all our team members.
Attracting and keeping top talent is a high priority at Merchandise Warehouse.
We believe in a Pay for Performance culture that rewards our highest achievers. We also offer a $2,000.00 Sign-On / Retention Bonus. Each team member has the opportunity for a 90-day increase and an annual increase based on their performance.
– Monthly Lunch Brought In
– Annual Christmas Party
– Monthly Blast Meetings
– VOT (Voice of The Team) Committee
– Anniversary Milestone
(Framed Certificate and $250.00 for every 5 years of service.)
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
HEAR FROM THE MWCOLD TEAM!
Customer Service Representative
MWCold Core Values
As an MWCold Leader,
We Believe the Following
- We believe that we provide a family environment for our employees.
- We believe that all employees can find ACCEPTANCE, OPPORTUNITY, AND PURPOSE.
- We believe that Merchandise Warehouse will be recognized as the premiere logistics provider of multi-temperature warehouse services in the Midwest.
- We believe in Outreach Support for our Communities where we have warehouses.
- We believe in our Core Values and that all employees are treated with RESPECT, INTEGRITY, AND PROFESSIONALISM.
- We believe that employees support what they help create.
- We believe if you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it.
- We believe that success requires consistent follow through and accountability.
- We believe in on-going education and development of our employees.
- We believe in a diverse work environment that is safe, respectful, and inclusive for all MWCold Employees.
We Exist to Provide
- Warehousing services for all customers
- A family environment for our Team Members
- Outreach support for our community
- People support what they help create
- If you don’t measure, you can’t manage
- Success requires consistent follow through and accountability
Merchandise Warehouse was started in April 1951 by Howard Foley. During the 1940’s Howard Foley worked as the General Manager of the Indianapolis Warehouse and gained warehousing experience handling accounts such as Frigidaire, GMC, Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, Crosley Corp and DuPont.
In 1951, Howard Foley decided to form Merchandise Warehouse by leasing facilities in Vallonia, Indiana, Anderson, Indiana, and Indianapolis.
The MW Cold Beginning
Howard Foley worked as the General Manager of the Indianapolis Warehouse and gained warehousing experience handling accounts such as Frigidaire, GMC, Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, Crosley Corp and DuPont.
1950 – 1960’s
Merchandise Warehouse was started in April 1951 by Howard Foley. In 1951, Howard Foley decided to form Merchandise Warehouse by leasing facilities in Vallonia, Indiana, Anderson, Indiana, and Indianapolis
In 1953, Howard Foley purchased land in Indianapolis and constructed a 50,000 sq. ft. of dry warehouse and office building. Another 60,000 sq. ft. of dry warehouse space was added on in 1955.
Because of lack of cold storage space in 1959 and the early 1960’s, cooler and freezer rooms were built inside one of the warehouse rooms and as an addition to the facility, that served as the company’s first refrigerated warehouse space.
Realizing the on-going demand for refrigerated warehouse space in the early 1960’s, Howard Foley constructed a 10,000 sq. ft. freezer in 1964.
Howard Foley served as the company’s president from 1951 until his death in 1972.
Donald Foley Sr., Howard’s son, took over the business in 1972 and quickly realized the potential for expansion in the refrigerated warehouse market. In 1974, an 80,000 sq. ft. state of the art Freezer/cooler/temperature-controlled building was added on to the facility. The company flourished in the 1970’s and 80’s by focusing on the food industry.
In 1989 the company added an additional 117,000 of freezer space, this brought the total square footage to nearly 375,000 sq. ft.
Third generation family-owned and operated warehousing business located in Indianapolis, Indiana providing cold storage warehousing solutions for our customers.
The growth in the frozen food industry continued in the 2000’s. In 2006, 40,000 sq. ft. of dry warehouse space was converted to a cooler to help meet the growing demand for refrigerated space.
In 2009, Tim Siddiq, Howard’s grandson, became the President and CEO. The company soon found itself at capacity again for refrigerated space.
In 2015, the decision was made to demolish 80,000 sq. ft. of the original dry warehouse and build new 45 foot tall, 80,000 sq. ft. freezer.
August of 2016, Merchandise Warehouse opened a state-of the art freezer that included a radio shuttle pallet system, automated de-spacing, pallet wrapping and conveyors.
In 2020, Tim Siddiq became the Chairman and COO, after promoting Tyler Carlson to President and CEO. Since 2009, Tim has grown the company business by over 400%.
Merchandise Warehouse currently offers over 560,000 square feet of strategically located, sprinklered, multi-temp space in 2 central Indiana locations offering inside rail, 53 doors, separate rooms, -20 capabilities, racked & bulk areas. We feature CCTV, EDI, WMS, RF scanners, a web portal with online, real-time access to activity reports, temperatures & climate monitoring
2021 – Merchandise Warehouse is looking at expanding outside of Indiana and growing in the Mid-West.